Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
This document explains the interfaces provided by Altibase.
All the versions of Altibase HDB
Interface provided by Altibase
- Altibase complies with the international standard ANSI SQL-1999 and provides various standard interfaces such as ODBC, ADO. Net, JDBC, and Embedded SQL.
Client development environment
|Interface type||Support function|
- RAD (Rapid Application Development) tools such as Visual Basic and PowerBuilder, as well as used when accessing ALTIBASE in most development environments
- Reinforced standard support with re-implementation
Improved performance with re-implementation
JDBC 2.0 API support up to Altibase 6.1.1, JDBC 3.0 API support partially.
JDBC 3.0 API support from Altibase 6.3.1.
ALTIBASE's low-level API based on C language
Provide LOB API, ALA (ALTIBASE Log Analyzer) API, ACS (ALTIBASE Call-Level for Spatial) API
- Common programming interface to access database data based on Windows .Net Framework
- Standard DB connection API compatible with Windows ODBC source on Unix
- Provide compatibility with ETL tools such as DataStage and Informatica and OLAP tools such as MSTR and Sagent
Server development environment
- Support Full Featured SQL92
- Support international standard complex query such as Sub Query INLINE view
Stored Procedure & Function
Support Stored Procedure and Stored Function based on ANSI SQL standard
Result Set can be sent to the client in the procedure
Support structured type and array type within procedure
Support Dynamic SQL/DDL within the procedure
- Efficiently query by unioning multiple tables or creating a specific SQL as a view